Saturday, January 17, 2009

Disappointment at the Library

Taking the advice of several bloggers in the publishing, I went to my local library to explore the section on publishing, writing, etc. I left near tears. Not much to choose from and all of it seriously dated. I did manage to find Stephen King's On Writing and Pen on Fire (a guide for busy women). I thought there would be much more.



I also realized I am going to have to obtain an illegal St. Louis county library card, if I am going to be able to do effective research. This revelation came only after listening someone ask the reference desk manager who Aaron Burr attempted to assassinate, and she had not a clue.



My next stop will have to be Barnes and Nobel and Borders to check out their writing sections. Who knows, maybe I will run into someone in the same position I am currently in.

No comments:

Post a Comment